A special Friday the 13th calls for art after dark, and no better way to spend it at Gillman Barracks for the Singapore Art Week, with a list of exhibitions and programmes by top gallery names in Singapore.
Art After Dark at Gillman Barracks opens at 7pm today till late with complimentary bus services from major points all over Singapore. Highlights of the event include:
1. Exhibition openings at ARNDT Fine Art, FOST Gallery, Mizuma Gallery, Pearl Lam Galleries, Ota Fine Arts, Sullivan + Strumpf, Yavuz Gallery and Yeo Workshop
2. ShanghART: Talk with photography duo BIRDHEAD and Robert Zhao Renhui in conversation with Shanghai-based curator of Asian art Biljana Ciric and collector Hallam Chow (Blk 6, 3pm – 4.30pm), and a performance art piece by BIRDHEAD in collaboration with Chayuti Janrakangtong (Papacurry) at the gallery (5pm – 8pm).
3. Yeo Workshop: Film screening and artist Q&A in conjunction with the opening of Liquid Truth (7pm – 9pm), and Singapore Art Club’s magazine launch (7pm – 11pm)
4. Exhibition closing party at Sundaram Tagore Gallery
5. Official launch of LOCK ROUTE – Gillman Barracks’ public art showcase. LOCK ROUTE features 16 outdoor artworks across various locations in the visual arts cluster, ranging from murals, sculptures and installations by 15 world-renowned and emerging international and Singapore artists.
As part of the launch, there will be special live performances for one night only.
*LOCK ROUTE is open 24 hours to the public.
6. Design New Standard (Blk 7 Level 1)
A new design-art exhibition that presents the works of progressive, independent Artist-Designers who tread the line between art and design.
NTU CCA Singapore
7. Performance Datang Untuk Kembali (Arriving to Return), a collaborative fashion procession (6.30 to 8pm) as part of the CITIES FOR PEOPLE NTU CCA Ideas Fest 2016/17.
– Conversation with Ho Rui An, Artist-in-Residence (Blk 43 The Single Screen, 8pm – 9.30pm)
– NTU CCA Singapore’s Residencies: OPEN
– Heman Chong, Block 38 Malan Road, Studio #01-07
– Ho Rui An, Block 37 Malan Road, Studio #01-03
– Siren eun young jung, Block 38 Malan Road, Studio #01-05
– Alice Miceli, Block 38 Malan Road, Studio #01-06
– Thao-Nguyen Phan, Block 37 Malan Road, Studio #01-04
– Jason Wee, Block 37 Malan Road, #01-01
Other art activities
8.Open studio of multi-disciplinary artist Zai Kuning, who is representing the Singapore Pavilion for Venice Biennale 2017
Music, F&B and more
9.Live music performances by home-grown musicians Charlie Lim, Riot !n Magenta and .gif.
– F&B pop-up stalls featuring The LAB (halal), Park Bench Deli, Handlebar, My Little Spanish Place, Iskina Cebu, Gattopardo and more!
– Red Baron’s Food and Craft night market from 6pm onwards and an After Party till late featuring electronic music label Darker than Wax
**COMPLIMENTARY BUS SERVICES AVAILABLE**
One-way bus service from the following locations to Gillman Barracks available at 7pm, 7.15pm, 7.30pm, 7.45pm and 8pm.
City Hall MRT to Gillman Barracks
– Pick-up point: Bus bay in front of Swisshotel
-Vivocity to Gillman Barracks
– Pick-up point: Vivocity Bus Bay at L1 East Court, near Crystal Jade (Sentosa Gateway)
– Marina Bay Sands to Gillman Barracks
Pick-up point: Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre